Followers

Friday 22 June 2012

Thoughts on a friday evening

hey all,
  sharing a few of Rumi's quatrains that i really like.

 Quatrain #82 (circa 1250 A.D.)
Today, like every other day, we wake up empty
and frightened. Don't open the door to the study
and begin reading. Take down a musical instrument.

Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the earth.


Quatrain #1246
The minute I heard my first love story
I began searching for you, not knowing
how foolish that was.

True lovers are not out there somewhere,
but in each other all along.


Rubaiyat #178a
In your light I learn how to love.
In your beauty, how to make poems.

You dance inside my chest,
where no one sees you,

but sometimes I do,
and that sight becomes this art.


Have a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment